There is no shortage of books on eBay.
These are the most popular titles from Amazon.com to help you with buying and selling on eBay.
eBay Secrets : How to create Internet auction listings that make 30% more money while selling every item you list
Do you want to make more money on eBay (or any other Internet auction site)? Or, are you looking for an easy second income?
Thousands of new users are joining eBay every day. You can take advantage of this trend and make a lot of money. But before you get started, there are some things you need to know.
eBay Secrets will walk you though the steps to getting your Internet auction business rolling. It is packed full of tips and secrets that will help you get more money for your auction listings.
eBay Secrets is based on the techniques that Steve White has been teaching students in his exclusive seminars on making money on eBay. Never before have all of Mr. White’s powerful money-making secrets been available in book format.
Here are just a few of the topics that are covered in the book:
- The two most important secrets to making money on eBay.
- 14 places to find cheap things to sell
- 15 techniques to increase the number of bids you get
- Three things you should NEVER do in an eBay listing
- Ten tricks that will make your listings much more effective
- The best starting bid for your items
- Why your title is critical
- A three-step process to find the perfect title
- Four words to include in your titles to get even more money for your items
- The best time to list your items
- Why you should never use a reserve
- The one thing that you should never mention in the description
- Which listing options are worth the extra cost
- How to avoid paying to have pictures in your listings
- The only eight things that you need to get started making money on eBay
- Seven ways you can get started with no money
- Why user feedback is misleading
- How to write a description that gets more bids
- Everything you need to know about writing HTML in your listings
- What to charge for shipping
- A printable checklist so you never forget any steps when creating listings
- Four email templates for common situations
- What to do if someone doesn’t pay
- Examples of the best and worst auctions
- And much, much more…
Learn from Hundreds of Top eBay Sellers
Go beyond the basics and learn the trade secrets that have propelled the savviest entrepreneurs into eBay PowerSellers–those earning $1,000 to $150,000 per month or more through eBay auctions. Sharpen your skills with this healthy blend of time-tested business principles and the advice of real PowerSellers who share with you how they have achieved success. Get valuable advice on finding little-known sources for products, advertising your wares, managing inventory, collecting payments, keeping records, shipping, running an eBay Store, and much more. Plus, learn the keys to keeping your customers so happy they’ll shop with you again and again. eBay PowerSeller Secrets: Insider Tips from eBay�s Most Successful Sellers will help you effectively run a store that never closes, sells globally, and offers virtually unlimited income potential.
- Tap the more than 100 million registered users that make eBay the leading online marketplace
- Determine what sells best on eBay and why
- Find little-known sources for products
- Learn about tools that will make your eBay business more efficient and professional
- Develop auctions that create high traffic and product demand
- Handle end-of-sale payments and protect yourself from fraud and loss
- Manage auctions, inventories, and communications effectively
- Provide superior customer service to get an edge over the competition
- Track incidentals, deductions, expenses, and other tax-related items
- Automate to ease processes such as listings, managing images, e-mail, and shipping
- Learn from hundreds of PowerSellers what it takes to succeed on eBay
Debra and Brad Schepp have written about cutting-edge technologies for more than 20 years. They are the authors of nine books, and their work has been featured in publications such as Newsweek, The Chicago Tribune, and U.S. News and World Report. They have been online since 1984, and buying and selling on eBay since 1999.
The savvy business book for established eBay sellers who want to break through to the next profit tier!
For many, eBay is an entrepreneur’s dream: The opportunity to be your own boss, set up your own shingle on the Internet, and retire early. In fact, eBay says that more than 430,000 sellers make a living off eBay. eBay Strategies: 10 Proven Methods to Maximize Your eBay Business is for eBay businesspeople looking for the information and tools to help you scale your eBay business and achieve your goals (and your dreams) while surviving the very competitive nature of eBay.
Whether you are just getting started selling on eBay or have been at it for years, the concepts presented in this book will help you maximize your success. If you’re not selling on eBay today, this book will save you literally months of missteps and will serve as an invaluable future reference as you encounter new challenges to growth. Even if you don�t aspire to have a million-dollar eBay business, this book gives you the proven strategies you need to sell more with less effort and improve the health of your current business.
A real-world business book for the explosion of eBay entrepreneurs! Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Launching an eBay Business guides you step-by-step through the process of setting up an eBay business, and offers real-world advice on how to run that business on a day-to-day basis and maximize financial success. This book covers determining what kind of business to run, writing an action-oriented business plan, establishing an effective accounting system, setting up a home office, obtaining starting inventory, arranging initial funding, establishing an eBay presence, and arranging for automated post-auction management.
eBay is the world’s #1 online shopping destination and can be a bit intimidating for first-time users. Thankfully, though, the latest edition of eBay For Dummies addresses all the issues a first-time or inexperienced eBay user will confront. Readers will be up to date in no time on the latest changes in the eBay interface, fee structure, and methods for buying and selling. Readers will quickly be on the path that makes bidding, buying, and selling the fun it should be!
- Author Marsha Collier is a recognized eBay expert, thanks to her bestselling books, appearances as an instructor at eBay University events, and appearances on NBC’s Today Show, ABC’s The View, and numerous print and radio interviews
- Topics include: getting a user name, making first bids, completing transactions, selling items, and what to do if anything goes wrong
- An ideal resource for everyone from corporate customers to mom & pop retailers, as well as individuals who are cleaning out their closets and garages
Want to know how best to use eBay? Whether you’re a newcomer or longtime user, eBay Hacks will teach you to become efficient as both a buyer and seller. You’ll find a wide range of topics, from monitoring the bidding process, getting refunds, and fixing photos so that sale items look their best, to in-depth tips for running a business on eBay and writing scripts that automate some of the most tedious tasks. That’s just the nuts and bolts. The book also gives you an inside look into the unique eBay community, where millions of people gather online to buy and sell. Author David Karp–an eBay user himself, with years of experience–teaches you how to work within this community to maximize your success. With eBay Hacks, you’ll be more than a buyer or seller. You will become a savvy power user who knows the smart way to save time, save money, and dramatically improve auction success.
Here’s your chance to capitalize on the Internet economy by clearing out your basement or cashing in on your hobby. Teaches you the ins and outs of marketing online, improving graphics and text, and protecting yourself from fraud. Use chat rooms and Web pages to spread the word about your auctions. Use online payment services and build a dependable reputation. Author Greg Holden shows you step-by-step how to mine eBay’s 50 million registered users for profit – and possibly even a new career.
Imagine having a garage sale or opening a store…and 50 million people show up.
That’s the power of selling on ebay.
Whether you want to supplement your income, extend a retail business, or create a fulltime job from home, How to Sell Anything on ebay . . . and Make a Fortune! gives you everything you need to get wise, get started, and get rich.
Dennis Prince is an online auction expert who reveals the tricks to selling with great success. This easy-to-follow guide takes you step-by-step through every stage of the online selling process. Entrepreneurs receive proven strategies for landing high bids and making happy customers. Learn how to:
- Get registered and set up your About Me page
- Choose the best time of week for the strongest sales
- Phrase auction listings in enticing ways
- Pick the items that bring the biggest price
- Deal with people who don’t pay
- Understand shipping methods
- Push profits with sharper digital photos
- Deal with international customers
- Set up a storefront Website for customers to reference
Starting An eBay Business For Dummies is the book eBay entrepreneurs have been dying to have — all the tips and tricks of turning eBay trading into a full-time job are here.
This book covers the essentials an eBay user or budding entrepreneur needs to start a money-making venture by trading on eBay. Discover the essentials not only for maximizing your profits on eBay, but also how to run a smart business. This guide explains the enhanced features of eBay including their new Gallery feature designed to help business pull in customers by displaying their goods in individual online boutiques.
America’s official eBay Ambassador shares his humor, know-how, and matchless eBay expertise in this authoritative guide geared to both the beginning bidder and seller, as well as the professional entrepreneur.
Whether it’s just a desire to make some extra money, buy the latest set of golf clubs, or start a new business, eBay is the best online destination. With a community of more than forty-six million people around the work every day, eBay is the world’s online marketplace.
In this definitive resource, ultimate eBay insider Jim Griffith-also known as Griff-tells readers everything they need to know to become successful online buyers and sellers. In this indispensable manual-completely authorized by eBay and featuring the latest formats, screens, protocols, and etiquette-the eBay Guru of online auctions provides a comprehensive blueprint for:
- Navigating the Web site
- Placing a bid
- Putting items up for sale
- Setting up your own successful eBay business
- Tricks of the trade from successful eBay buyers and sellers
- Strategies for safe, secure, hassle-free eBay buying and selling
- Tips and shortcuts for even the most technologically challenged
- Case studies and success stories of people whose lives have been changed by eBay
For first-time users or online pros, The Official eBay Bible teaches people how to swap and shop with the best of them.
Billions of dollars are spent by eBay users on products from charm bracelets to sport utility vehicles. People all over the world are beginning to use eBay to buy and sell products. From the comforts of their own homes, many eBay users make selling on eBay their full-time job. Would you like to work from home with your own profitable eBay business? Or, would you like to earn some extra money that makes the retirement years look a little easier?
Selling on eBay : Make 50% More Profit with your eBay Business details eBay sales tips and techniques that will do more than just get your eBay business off the ground. The topics in this book will help you save time and make more money with your eBay business.
In this book, you will find:
- Where to find the most profitable items to sell on eBay.
- More than 30 tips and techniques for making more profit with your eBay listings.
- What days and times to end your auctions to optimize profits.
- Why eBay user feedback is so important and how to boost your feedback rating.
- How to create title listings that gives your auctions the broadest search coverage and drives tons traffic to your item listings.
- What equipment you must have to make great money selling on eBay.
- Why avoiding a reserve price is a great thing.
- Techniques for cutting eBay listing fees by 75%.
- How to create a sales-driven letter with your auction descriptions.
- Where to find cheap (sometimes free) shipping materials.
- Where to find eBay listing management software that helps automate your eBay business.
- How to make money even when a buyer does not pay.
- The importance of competitive research to your eBay business.
- And much more…
The authoritative reference-tutorial on eBay-the world’s leading online auction service-packed with power-user tips and tricks
Clear explanations and illustrated step-by-step instructions take readers through the entire eBay process-from the “eBaysics” of buying and selling to running an eBay business
Written by an expert eBay user and veteran author, the book covers all aspects of eBay, from registering the first time to working with the eBay API
Discusses eBay troubleshooting and includes useful appendices that explore hardware and software needs, eBay lingo, basic HTML markup terms, and more
In the short but wild history of the Internet, few companies have developed such an ideal approach to utilizing the uniqueness of the medium for business as eBay–hence the title of Adam Cohen’s colorful and insightful corporate biography The Perfect Store. Cohen, chief technology writer for Time magazine before joining The New York Times’ editorial board, is the only journalist to receive complete cooperation from the company for such a project, and the combination of access and experience leads to a well-researched and well-written tale capturing the essence of this online auction-house phenomenon. In the process, Cohen reveals how the pioneering site first developed into a vibrant virtual community, then a cultural icon and a model for Web-based commerce that reported revenue of $749 million in 2001.
From its beginnings as a hobby site on a Silicon Valley PC, to its maturation as a real company under the burgeoning fiscal pressures of cyberspace, to its present status as one of the few original e-business practitioners to survive the dot.com implosion, eBay has always been part of the crowd while managing to stand out from it. Cohen helps us understand why by taking us inside the heads of major players like Pierre Omidyar, the cofounder who imbued his site with a Libertarian philosophy responsible for its heart and soul, and Meg Whitman, the seasoned manager who brought business savvy and a Harvard MBA to its roller-coaster world. What helps make the book so readable and informative, though, are Cohen’s accompanying observations of the many other people and events that also helped eBay develop its trademark direction and characteristic personality: the company that formulated its distinctive logo, the Kansas City clothing-iron collectors whose pastime was transformed by the upstart Web site, the quirky listings that generated controversy (and publicity) like the one in 1999 for a “fully functional kidney,” even detractors who decry its big-business underpinnings. Fans of the site, along with students of the online world in general, will find Cohen’s account both instructive and enjoyable.