There are three versions of the eBay sign-in:
The SSL eBay sign-in uses Secure Sockets Layer technology to offer enhanced protection to your eBay password.
Retrieving a Lost eBay Sign-in
If you have forgotten your eBay sign-in, you can retrieve it from eBay automatically.
Tips for Protecting your eBay Sign-in
eBay makes the following recommendations for protecting your eBay sign-in password.
When creating your password, follow these simple tips:
- Use a combination of at least 6 to 8 letters, numbers, and special characters (example – Beatlesfan#28, $uperman1963).
- Use multiple words without spaces (example – bestjetpilot).
- Don’t use single words that can be found in any dictionary (example – kangaroo).
- Don’t use personal information others can easily obtain or guess (example – your name, phone number, or birth date).
- Don’t use your email address or eBay User ID.
- After creating your password, protect it. Don’t share your password with others, and avoid using the same password for other online accounts.
Please note that eBay employees will never ask you for your password.